Game of Thrones might have completed its run on HBO, but many fans will still want to own the final season on Blu-ray and DVD. Details have now been revealed of Season 8’s upcoming physical release, as well as an amazing set which collects the entire series.
All of these sets are due to arrive in December. The biggest release is Game of Thrones: The Complete Collection. As well as including all eight seasons of the show, this collection includes the exclusive Game of Thrones: Reunion Special, a two-part reunion show with cast members from the final season. Hosted by Conan O’Brien, this special was filmed in front of a live audience and features stars such as Kit Harington, Emilia Clarke, and Sophie Turner, plus former cast members like Sean Bean, Jason Momoa, and Mark Addy.
The Complete Collection also features a wealth of bonus content. These include all-new deleted and extended scenes, animated histories, behind-the-scene featurettes, audio commentaries, and the documentary Game of Thrones: The Last Watch, which chronicles the making of Season 8. The whole set comes in an amazing wooden case, with illustrated panel designs by artist Robert Ball that tell the story of the whole show. Check out a preview of the box set in the video below:
The entire series will also be collected in a standard DVD/Blu-ray set. As for Season 8, this will available separately in a Steelbook Blu-ray & 4K Ultra HD edition, and a standard DVD/Blu-ray set. These releases feature the same bonus content as The Complete Collection, and all editions will be available on December 3.
Full details of the exclusive content are listed below:
Game of Thrones: The Complete Collection and Game of Thrones: The Complete Series on Blu-ray Bonus Features Include:
- Game of Thrones: Reunion Special: A reunion show shot live in Belfast with the cast, both past and present, hosted by Conan O’Brien and available exclusively on these complete series collections. The reunion special is assembled in segments focused on Houses Lannister, Stark, & Targaryen and concludes with the key players all onstage for their final reflections on the years they shared in Westeros and Essos.
- Bonus content and retail exclusive videos from previously released individual season box sets, totaling more than 15 hours of extra materials for fans to explore when they’ve finished watching the series.
Complete Series and Season 8 formats exclusively feature:
- Game of Thrones: The Last Watch: A documentary featured on DVD in two parts by filmmaker Jeanie Finlay chronicling the making of the final season.
- When Winter Falls: Exclusive 30-minute featurette with showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, along with major stars and behind-the-scenes players, breaking down all that went into the colossal filming of the Battle of Winterfell in Season 8, Episode 3.
- Duty is the Death of Love: A compelling look at how the team behind Game of Thrones and its major stars, including Kit Harington, Peter Dinklage and Emilia Clarke, brought the show to its conclusion in the series finale, “The Iron Throne.”
- Audio Commentaries: 10 Audio Commentaries with cast and crew, including the show’s creators, Benioff and Weiss, on the final season.
- Deleted and Extended Scenes: 5 never-before-seen deleted or extended scenes from season 8.
- Histories and Lore: New animated pieces giving the history and background of notable season 8 locations and storylines.
For more on Game of Thrones Season 8, check out 36 Easter Eggs And References You Might Have Missed in the season finale, and our look at The Main Characters’ First And Last Shots In The Entire Series.