The rollover to Fortnite Season 9 is complete. We’ve got a brand new Battle Pass that’s absolutely packed with cosmetics to unlock, including some very cool skins. But if you want any of those, you’ll need to earn Battle Stars so that they level up your Battle Pass and make them accessible. The best way to do that is the weekly challenges, the first batch of which is now available.
Remember, everyone that plays Fortnite will have access to a small selection of the weekly challenges, but there’s a second set that’s exclusive to players that have spent 950 V-Bucks on a premium Battle Pass. That also includes exclusive unlocks and, overall, is the quickest way to earn Battle Stars, thanks to the extra set of challenges.
In Fortnite Season 9, Week 1, players will need to ride the new Slip Stream travel system around Neo Tilted, one of the new areas. On top of that, they’ll need to visit the seven sky platforms, and deal damage to enemies immediately after using the Shadow Bomb item.
Players that have the premium Battle Pass will have to grab a legendary item in five different matches, search seven chests in either Lucky Landing or Loot Lake, take out enemies using scoped weapons, and deal damage to opponents from at least two stories above them.
- Stage 1 of 2: Ride the Slip Stream around Neo Tilted (1) — 2 Battle Stars
- Visit all Sky Platform (7) — 5 Battle Stars
- Deal damage to an opponent within 10s after using a Shadow Bomb (200) — 10 Battle Stars
- Pick up a Legendary Item in different matches (5) — 5 Battle Stars
- Search chests at Lucky Landing or Loot Lake (7) — 5 Battle Stars
- Scoped weapon eliminations (3) — 10 Battle Stars
- Stage 1 of 3: Deal damage to opponents from at least 2 stories above (300) — 3 Battle Stars
Epic Games has released the patch notes for Fortnite’s 9.0 update, which details everything that’s new to the game for Season 9. On top of that, there’s info on all the tweaks that have been made, including a list of items and weapons that have been vaulted.