For one day only, fans of the John Wick movie franchise will have the opportunity to set foot in the world of The Continental–the hotel for assassins–before the theatrical release of John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum. The Continental Experience runs in New York City on Friday, May 10, from 10 AM until 4 PM. To get access, though, you’re going to be put to the test.
To gain admission to The Continental Experience, you’ll need one of two things: a secret code or a special prop gold coin from the movie. To obtain a code, simply use the CURB app to hail taxis in NYC this week. A select number of users will win a code to obtain a reservation.
Getting a coin is a bit trickier, though. There are a limited number of the coins and they’ve been hidden around NYC at various filming locations–specifically Chinatown or Central Park. If you want some hints, we’ve been provided with the drop locations.
Chinatown coin drops:
- Corner of Hester and Centre St.
- Corner of Hester and Baxter St.
- By the Dragon Statue on the corner of Canal and Baxter St.
- Corner of Canal and Mulberry St.
- Canal St. between Centre St. and Lafayette St.
Central Park coin drops:
- Benches along 5th Avenue leading to 64th St. entrance to the park
- Bench in front of Central Park zoo gift shop
- Benches right inside the east 67th St. entrance
- In the gazebo near 69th St.
- Along the pond across from Kerbs Boathouse
- Near the Le Pain Quotidien on the east side of the park by 75th St.
- Along the south side of the Jackie Onassis reservoir
Each of the Chinatown drops will feature 1-2 coins, while Central Park locations will each have 2-3. However, there’s no way to find out if the coins have been claimed without tracking them down, so happy hunting!
As for what you’ll get to do at The Continental Experience, much like the life of John Wick (Keanu Reeves), that’s a bit of a mystery. What we know is that the event will be based out of the building used to shoot Continental Hotel scenes, One Hanson Place in Brooklyn, NY. According to an official description, the experience will include activations tied to all three movies, Continental Hotel staff and characters for you to interact with, prizes, and the potential chance to meet cast members from the movie.
Whatever this event ends up being, it definitely sounds like a unique experience–and one that will get you ready of the third installment of the John Wick franchise. For more information, check out the Continental Experience website.
John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum is in theaters on May 17.