Destiny 2 is bringing back the Iron Banner, starting very soon. The event begins Tuesday, October 16 and lasts until the following Tuesday, October 23. It will be accompanied by the 2.0.4 update, which among other changes will update rewards and bounty objectives as a response to feedback Bungie has received from past Iron Banner events.
For starters, it will be much easier to get good rewards out of the Iron Banner. The bounty requirements have been significantly reduced, in some cases even halved, to make them easier to complete. On top of that, you’ll get a piece of Powerful Gear for each bounty you complete, to boost your overall Power rating. Finally, Masterwork Cores will be made more available, with Double Valor rewards October 16-19, and Triple Valor from October 19-23. Check out the newly revised Iron Banner bounties below:
- Lightbearer: Super kills has been reduced to 20 from 25
- Iron in the Blood: Match completions has been reduced to 15 from 30
- Shine On: Orbs generated has been reduced to 50 from 100
- Iron Victory: Match wins has been reduced to 7 from 10
- To Be Precise: Precision kills has been reduced to 50 from 100
- All in a Week’s Work: Kills has been reduced to 150 from 250
This is also all coming alongside this year’s Festival of the Lost. It will add a new Haunted Forest section that offers waves of ghouls and demons with a 15-minute time limit. A quest-line will appear near the end of Festival of the Lost to take on the cryptarch Master Ives. A new Legendary auto rifle called Horror Story will be available and the Tower will be adorned with all sorts of spooky decorations. You can also earn special Ephemeral Engrams with new rewards. You’ll need to own Forsaken to take part in Festival of the Lost. Check out what else is on the way in the weekly reset.